Quick Tips for Halloween Safety
Its Halloween which means that while you will be out trick-or-treating, the ghosts and witches will be flying around. Be safe this weekend with these quick tips for Halloween safety.
- Make sure costumes don’t drag the ground as they can be a tripping hazard.
- Check costumes to make sure there are no sharp edges or points sticking out. You cold injure another trick-or-treater just by bumping into them.
- If your costume contains any weapons, be sure they could not be mistaken for actual weapons.
- Be polite and walk on the sidewalks and not through landscaping and yards.
- Do not enter a house or a car for a treat. Stay where you are in sight of your group.
- Do not trick-or-treat alone. Always have a friend, parent or group with you.
- Carry a cell phone for emergencies.
- Flashlights and/or glow sticks are a good idea to keep yourself visible to drivers. Reflective tape on your costume is another alternative.
- Sort through candy before eating any. Inspect your loot and discard any candy that is unwrapped or looks questionable.
- Ration your gatherings over the next week or so. Too much candy can cause a big belly ache.