Tips for Traveling with Pets
Traveling with pets can be a challenging situation sometimes and as a New Orleans pet friendly hotel, we understand how important it is to bring your four legged family members with you sometimes. To help make your trip to New Orleans with your furriest friends, we have few tips for traveling with pets to help you out and make your getaway the best it can be.
– Have your contact information located on your pet’s collar or have your pet microchipped when taking them on vacation with you. You never know, they may want to get out and explore the city without you.
– Always have plenty of water available whether in the car or flying by plane. Also, make frequent restroom breaks. Just like you and I, holding it for long periods of time can be uncomfortable for our pets.
– Never leave your pet in a car alone, especially with windows rolled up. Despite the temperature outside the car, temperatures inside rise quickly and can be dangerous for your pet.
– Before traveling, always check vaccination requirements for airlines or if crossing state lines. Carry vaccination records with you to be safe.
– When traveling in a car, don’t let your pet hang their head out the window. While it may feel fantastic for them and give them a breath of fresh air, there are many dangers that can come from fly debris and other items outside the car.
We look forward to having you and your furry friends visit with us. We hope these tips for traveling with a pet come in handy and help make your trip even better. Should you have any questions about or New Orleans pet friendly hotel policy or other questions about traveling with a pet, feel free to contact our friendly office staff who will be happy to assist in any way possible. Safe travels for you and Fido!