Golf Like a Pro in the Big Easy
If you are a golf fanatic or just like to get out with your buddies to blow off some steam, we have some of the top golf spots in the Big Easy for you.
- TPC Louisiana – Home to the Zurich Classic each year in April, this course is one of the top go-to’s. A self-contained course, surrounded by canals on three sides, is beautiful as it uses so much of the natural resources surrounding it. This course is a 7,300 yard, 72 par course located just across the Mississippi from Downtown.
- English Turn Golf & Country Club – Another Par 72 course, this course was designed by Jack Nicklaus. With water on every hole, you better bring your championship game. Rated as one of the most challenging courses in the area, the beautiful design and relaxing atmosphere helps you to enjoy even the most difficult putts.
- Audubon Park Golf Course – This course is located in the beautiful and historic Audubon Park. It is an 18 hole, 62 par course featuring immaculate greens and 100 year old oak trees. Oh, and did we mention the four lagoons? While not one of the most difficult courses, it is one of the most beautiful.
- Lakewood- The highlight of this course is the 18th hole. A tribute to the New Orleans Firefighters, it is dubbed ‘Fire in the Hole’. At 444 yards, this hole sets a new standard for bunkers, including traps shaped of flames and set in red sand. Recently upgraded, this 7,002 yard, par 72 course has been modernized from the fairways to the tee boxes. Enjoy a game like you have never seen before.
- City Park, North Course- This course was once home to the New Orleans Open each year. As one of the two courses wiped out by Katrina, it laid dormant for years. The city has revivied it, bringing it back to life. While it is not the most beautiful course (yet!) it makes our list as a great course to play especially for the price.