Free Activities in New Orleans
Welcome to BEST WESTERN St. Charles Inn, your chosen Garden District hotel. We want to make sure that you not only get a great deal on your New Orleans hotel but you also get the most bang for your buck while you are visiting with us. Here are just a few of the many free activities around town.
– Jackson Square: a great place to relax and take in the sights and sounds of NOLA.
– Arts District: Stroll from art gallery to art gallery looking at local artwork and enjoying a taste of the local artists.
– Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden
– Le Bon Temps Roule music club’s free oysters and music every Friday night
– Antoine’s: Ask for a tour of their 160 year old restaurant.
– Glassblowing demonstrations at Rosetree Glass Studio, Studio Inferno or Glassworks.
– Battle of New Orleans, see the reenactment at the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Reserve.
– Watch sailboat races on Lake Pontchartrain from Lakefront Park.
– Tour Arnaud’s Germaine Cazenave Wells Mardi Gras Museum
– Walk through St. Louis Cemetery #1 and see the unique cemetery features.
– Visit New Orleans Museum of Art, its free on Wednesdays!
You can always stroll around the French Quarter, Decatur Street, Frenchmen Street and so many other areas to hear local music from street musicians and bands within the clubs all while enjoying the atmosphere of one of the greatest cities in the United States. You don’t have to spend a fortune to have a good time.